LGBTIAQ+ young people, have your voice heard!
We want Maroondah to be a place where our LGBTIAQ+ young people can flourish! Over the next few months, we will be having a number of online video/phone conversations with young people to help us gain a good understanding of the needs within the queer community and find out how we can help raise wellbeing.
The consultation findings will be used to inform a collaborative design process for new programs and services to support LGBTIAQ+ young people!
Want to get involved? Here’s what you need to know:
- The consultation conversations will be held during business hours Monday-Friday. We are flexible and will find a time that works for you
- Staff from Council’s Youth and Children’s Services will attend the conversation
- All Council staff attending hold a current Working with Children Check
- We will chat with you about what is important to you and how we can help raise wellbeing for LGBTIAQ+ young people. You will have control over the conversation and don't have to answer any questions that you don't feel comfortable talking about
- The things we chat about will be used to inform a design process for new programs and services.
- We will be capturing information and the process through a variety of means, including taking notes, videos & voice recordings
- The information, videos & voice recordings collected from participants through the consultation conversation may be used for a variety of purposes, but principally for the design process for new initiatives. This may include, but is not limited to, reports, strategies / policies, presentations, books, Council’s community newsletter, brochures, displays, posters, banners, websites, social media channels, and other electronic media.
- Videos & voice recordings will remain the property of Council and will be stored in accordance with relevant legislation. Council may use the videos & voice recordings for a variety of purposes, and reserves the right to edit them for various material, without misrepresenting the subjects.
If you're keen to be involved, simply fill out the form below and we will get contact with you to arrange a conversation!
Please note: Participants under the age of 16 will require consent from a parent/carer