SWAT - Student Wellbeing Action Teams
SWAT is for young people who are keen to take leadership to the next level.
SWAT will help you to uncover your strengths and use your new skills to lead a wellbeing project in your school!
Each year the SWAT program is open for a select number of Year 10 students from Maroondah.
Over a period of 10 months, students will participate in:
- The Summit – A one-day workshop on understanding leadership and wellbeing
- The Retreat – A two-night camp to identify personal and group strengths and start putting skills into practice
- Project work – School based, small group work supported by a Youth Worker to implement a wellbeing project
- Presentation evening – A celebration that highlights the achievements of everyone involved
Meet the 2019 SWAT participants!
These incredible young people are currently implementing wellbeing projects within their schools covering topics such as;
- Increasing frequency of exercise
- Tackling suppression
- Increasing positive emotion
- Reducing stigma around mental health
- Improving access to wellbeing support
- Strengthening connection to community
- Introducing positive psychology activities into the classroom
Stay tuned to see the full wrap up from 2019!
2017 Project Highlights
2018 Project Highlights
To find out more you can speak to your Year 10 Coordinator or connect with us on Facebook, call us on 9294 5704 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SWAT is supported by the Victorian Government through the Engage! program.