SWAT - Student Well-being Action Teams
SWAT is for young people who are in their last few years of high school and are keen to take leadership to the next level.
SWAT will help you to uncover your strengths and use your new skills to lead a wellbeing project in your school!
Each year the SWAT program is open for a select number of Year 10 and VCAL students from Maroondah.
Over a period of 10 months, students will participate in:
- The Summit – A one-day workshop on understanding leadership and wellbeing
- The Retreat – A two-night camp to identify personal and group strengths and start putting skills into practice
- Project work – School based, small group work supported by a Youth Worker to implement a wellbeing project
- Presentation evening – A celebration that highlights the achievements of everyone involved
Check out the 2017 project highlights here.
Stay tuned for 2018 dates!
To find out more you can speak to your Year 10 Coordinator or connect with us on Facebook, call us on 9294 5704 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SWAT is supported by the Victorian Government through the Engage! program.
Maroondah Youth Well-being Advocates (MYWA)
MYWA is a unique opportunity for young people aged 15-25 to help raise the wellbeing of Maroondah’s young people.
Through MYWA, a group of young people work in partnership with Council to:
- Advocate for Maroondah’s young people,
- Contribute to Council strategies and plans, and
- Provide advice to Council to ensure that young people are effectively engaged on matters that affect them and their communities.
MYWA provides young people with genuine opportunities to develop and apply their leadership and professional work skills, and use their strengths and skills to help their community.
To find out more about MYWA, including how to join, connect with us on Facebook, call us on 9294 5704 or email us at email@example.com
MYWA is supported by the Victorian Government through the Engage! program.