The Maroondah Youth Awards is an annual event that celebrates and recognises the commitments and achievements of young people aged between 10-25 in Maroondah. Every young person who is nominated will receives an award. There is no overall winner, instead we acknowledge the commitment, achievements and resilience of all nominees.
The nomination categories for 2021 are as follows:
- Leadership – an individual who has shown significant leadership qualities, positive direction, and has empowered others
- Creativity – an individual who has shown the ability to use innovation through visual arts, performance, media or another art form
- Perseverance– an individual who has demonstrated ongoing determination and persistence whilst overcoming challenges in their day-to-day life
- Teamwork – a group of young people who have collaborated to provide a service, program or project that has resulted in positive, youth led-change in the local community
- To be eligible to be nominated for an award, the nominee must be aged between 10-25 years, with connections to Maroondah.
- In 2020 the Maroondah Youth Awards was run online for the first time as a 5-day social media takeover & website celebration.
- In 2021 we’re aiming to return to an in-person celebration at Karralyka Centre, in addition to an online celebration (pending restrictions)
- Dates, times, and method of the 2021 celebration are still TBC
Nominations close Sunday 21 February.
To read about the 2020 nominees from each category, click on the below icons
Follow Maroondah City Council Youth Services on Instagram & Facebook for the latest updates.
Maroondah Youth Awards 2021 - Nomination Form
The category you wish to nominate for (please select one only) * (Required)
Separate to the award category, please choose 3 character strengths that you have identified in this young person/group * (Required)
Details of nominator (you)
In order for this nomination to be accepted, the nominee must give consent to be nominated and for you to provide their personal details. To confirm this, please tick the box below and provide the details of the nominee
I have asked the young person/group for their consent to be nominated * (Required)
Details of nominee (young person/group)
PRIVACY COLLECTION NOTICE
Maroondah City Council is committed to protecting your privacy as prescribed by the Privacy & Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001. The information you provide on this form is being collected by Maroondah City Council for the strict purpose of conducting Council business. Your information will not be disclosed to any external party without your consent, unless Council is required or authorised to do so by law.
Failure to provide the information requested may make you ineligible to receive the service or be part of an event/function that is the subject of this form. Any access to the information, amendments that may be required or any privacy enquiries may be directed to Council's Privacy Officer & Health Records Officer on 9298 4211 or email - email@example.com