For Young People
- Online directory of Queer programs and services closest to you.
Victorian Pride Centre
- Online directly of Queer services available in Victoria.
Family violence & homelessness
- WithRespect provides resources, tips and advice for LGBTIQ+ people on having and maintaining healthy relationships.
- They also provide support for LGBTIQ+ people of all ages and their families experiencing difficulty in their relationships, including family violence.
FAN (Family Access Network)
- FAN offers work experience training, weekly support groups, and services for those impacted by homelessness and domestic/family violence.
- If you’re a queer young person and are disconnected from your family, you can call FAN directly to find out more about how they might be able to support you at 9890 2673 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
- Youth law is free service that provides legal advice, information, and support for young people aged 12-25.
LGBTIQ Legal Service
- The LGBTIQ Legal Service provides free help for LGBTIQ people with their everyday legal problems including discrimination, family violence, criminal law, change of name issues and more.
Knox City Council
- Knox City Council runs a range of groups for Queer young people aged 12-25 (including social, support & advocacy groups).
FAN Eastern Diversity Group
- The Eastern Diversity Group (EDG) is a social support group for those who are aged 15-25 of diverse gender identities and expressions, sexualities, and/or sex characteristics. The program was developed as an extension of FAN’s ‘Alsorts’ response – its core aim is to provide a safe space for LGBTIQ+ young people who do not have support from their family of origin.
Thorne Harbour Health
- Thorne Harbour Health offers low to no cost counselling for for LGBTQIA+ people.
Trans specific GP service
- Equinox is a trans-specific GP service based in Fitzroy that's free if you have a Medicare card.
- YGender is a peer led support and advocacy organisation for trans and gender diverse young people. They were established in 2010 by a group of trans young people who realised that the community needed an autonomous space to support each other and advocate for gender diverse rights.
- YGender run events, provide resources, support and more!
Victorian Equal Opportunity Human Rights Commission
- If you think you’ve experienced discrimination you can check what your rights and options for responding are with somewhere like the Victorian Equal Opportunity Human Rights Commission.
- Queerspace provides low/no cost counselling for families of LGBTIQA+ people.
- Parents of Gender Diverse Children provides peer support to parents and those parenting trans and gender diverse children.
- Transcend provides parent/carer support, community connection, information, advocacy & fundraising.