Volunteering for the Chat is a great opportunity to support newly arrived young people, learn their stories and actively contribute to a connected Maroondah.
Why get involved?
- Build your skillset with interactive and engaging training
- You will be supported along the way
- You'll have a volunteer position with a local council
- You'll be able to add it to your resume
Your role as a volunteer would involve:
- Having weekly one-on-one conversations with newly arrived young people to help them practice conversational English
- Checking in with the Youth Workers regularly
- Meeting in person and/or online
Who is this role for?
- Someone who is aged 18-25
- Someone studying Teaching, Youth Work, Community Services, International Relations or similar (Note: we also welcome those not studying!)
- Someone eager to build connections and learn about other cultures
- Someone looking for practical experience working with young people from settlement backgrounds
Time & location:
- online or in person
- 45 minutes per week - time & days are flexible
Find out more about the volunteer position tasks (pdf 921kb)here
If you are a migrant or refugee young person and would like to practice your English language skills, please fill out the Expression of Interest form here
Unfortunately volunteering positions are currently closed. Please check back another time