EV’s Hangout is a safe & inclusive drop in space for young people aged 12-25 that operates out of EV’s Youth Centre. Every Thursday from 3-6pm, we open our doors for young people to socialise, eat free food, enjoy our selection of activities (Xbox, pool table, boardgames, etc), or speak to a Youth Worker to get support.
Your role as a volunteer would involve:
- Setting up & packing down the program (including preparing light snacks, cleaning furniture, decorating, etc)
- Chatting with participants who are attending the program and passing along any concerns to the Youth Workers
- Assisting with serving food & water for participants during the program
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of fortnightly activities (e.g. movie nights, cooking, crafting, karaoke, themed days, etc)
Who is this role for?
- Someone who is aged 18-25
- Someone who has OR is studying a Youth Work (or relevant) qualification
- Someone looking for practical experience working with young people in a Youth Work setting
- Someone looking to gain insight into Council Youth Services
Time & location:
- EV’s Hangout runs every week at EV’s Youth Centre (212 Mt Dandeong Road, Croydon, 3136) from 3-6pm (including school holidays).
- You would be expected to arrive at 2.30pm & would finish at 6.15pm.
- We expect that you are on time and notify the Youth Workers if you are unable to attend / are running late.
- We expect that you are consistently available to volunteer at the program and notify the Youth Workers if you are unable to work.
- We expect that you maintain professional boundaries with participants and do not engage with them outside of the program (e.g. adding on social media, messaging, socialising, supporting, etc).
- We expect that you act in a professional & respectful manner while engaging with participants
Find out more about the volunteer position tasks (pdf 295kb) here.
Interested in applying? Please complete the expression of interest below.
Volunteer Expression of Interest
What program are interested in volunteering with? * (Required)
If 18 or over, please specify if you have a current Working With Children's Check * (Required)
Are you accessing any other relevant community agencies or support services? * (Required)
Do you need additional support to volunteer? * (Required)
Will you have a support worker / carer with you?
PRIVACY COLLECTION NOTICE
Maroondah City Council is committed to protecting your privacy as prescribed by the Privacy & Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001. The information you provide on this form is being collected by Maroondah City Council for the strict purpose of conducting Council business. Your information will not be disclosed to any external party without your consent, unless Council is required or authorised to do so by law.
Failure to provide the information requested may make you ineligible to receive the service or be part of an event/function that is the subject of this form. Any access to the information, amendments that may be required or any privacy enquiries may be directed to Council's Privacy Officer & Health Records Officer on 9298 4211 or email - email@example.com
If you have any questions or any difficulty completing this form, please contact Youth Services on 9294 5704. Thank you!