The Maroondah Youth Awards is an annual event that celebrates and recognises the strengths, resilience, and achievements of young people aged between 10-25 in Maroondah. The event is a night filled with personal stories, inspiring speeches, amazing performances, and recognition of young people in Maroondah. Hosted at Karralyka Centre, every young person who is nominated receives an award and is recognised on stage by the Mayor & Councillors of Maroondah. There is no overall winner, instead we acknowledge the commitment, achievements and resilience of all nominees.
The nomination categories for 2021 are as follows:
- Leadership – an individual who has shown significant leadership qualities, positive direction, and has empowered others
- Creativity – an individual who has shown the ability to use innovation through visual arts, performance, media or another art form
- Perseverance– an individual who has demonstrated ongoing determination and persistence whilst overcoming challenges in their day-to-day life
- Teamwork – a group of young people who have collaborated to provide a service, program or project that has resulted in positive, youth led-change in the local community
- To be eligible to be nominated for an award, the nominee must be aged between 10-25 years, with connections to Maroondah.
Having trouble viewing this stream? Try viewing directly through Vimeo.
To read about the 2021 nominees from each category, click on the below icons
Follow Maroondah City Council Youth Services on Instagram & Facebook for the latest updates.