We know right now that many people may need to self isolate at home due to testing positive for Covid-19 or as a primary close contact. This can mean being at home with your families for a lot more than usual. This can put some young people at risk when emotions and behaviours can be amplified during this unusual time.
If you are experiencing conflict, or are concerned about family or relationship abuse or violence during COVID-19
Please check out this link: https://www.yacvic.org.au/blog/covid-19-family-and-domestic-violence
It will give you information on:
- the signs of family and/or relationship abuse or violence
- what to do if you are experiencing family or relationship abuse or violence
- a list of resources and contacts
You can also see this detailed guide to being in self-isolation, safety planning, and supporting yourself or someone else at risk of relationship abuse or violence: https://www.1800respect.org.au/help-and-support/self-isolation-and-covid-19
If you'd prefer to speak to someone:
- call 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) to speak with someone. You can also chat online 24/7. They can provide some support and help find crisis accommodation or a refuge if you need it.
- call 1800 015 188 for safe steps Family Violence Response Centre
If you want tips on dealing with family conflict, check out this great resource from Headspace: (pdf 871kb)Family Conflict Factsheet.pdf
As always, if you'd like to talk, our youth support service is here to help you. Click below for more information: